Though it’s typically thought of as a spring or autumn chore, winter is a fine time of year for tree trimming in Mount Airy, MD. In fact, some species do better if they’re pruned in the wintertime. This post will cover a few of the top reasons to get those trees trimmed right now:
- Prevent fallen branches: One heavy snowfall or a strong gust of wind can turn into a disaster if your trees have long branches that are either dead or dying. The branches can easily snap off and fall on top of your roof or your car. Instead of repairing your roof or car, have those branches trimmed today. Tree service is much faster, simpler and less expensive than going through an insurance claims process.
- Winter trimming can be easier: Without having to navigate through thick foliage, the experts are able to trim your trees in the winter once deciduous trees have shed their leaves. On top of that, cleanup is a much faster process if you don’t have to worry about all of those pesky leaves, too!
- Winter trimming is better for some species: As mentioned above, winter trimming is more beneficial than pruning at other times of year for some types of trees and shrubs. Experts recommend trimming crepe myrtles and chaste trees in the winter as opposed to the autumn. However, it’s important to note how much of the branch you trim—cutting too much could hurt the tree in the long run. For this reason, we always recommend hiring a professional to take care of tree trimming for you.
- Promote growth in the spring: Dovetailing off the last point, trimming trees ensures they come back looking healthy and strong in the growing season. Again, just be mindful of how much you cut while pruning—you’d hate to trim too much and accidentally kill some branches!
- Improve the look of your property: Do you think a property looks better if the tree branches are long and gnarly or if they’re kept nice and neat? Keeping your trees and bushes trimmed and pruned ensures a better-looking and more valuable property. Talk to a tree care professional today about boosting the look of your property by cutting down some old branches.
Should you trim your trees by yourself?
Many DIY-ers out there are probably more than happy to grab a chainsaw and start trimming their trees’ branches. However, it’s important to note that tree trimming in Mount Airy, MD is best left to the professionals. Trimming without proper gear or knowledge can lead to severe injuries and end up causing more harm than good for your trees. In addition to saving you from hurting yourself, hiring a reputable tree trimming service is often less costly than buying or renting all of the necessary tree trimming gear.
Be sure to choose Stabler Tree & Crane Services to trim and prune your trees. We have over 30 years of experience in the industry, ensuring the job is performed quickly and efficiently. Give us a call today to get a free estimate!
Categorised in: Tree Trimming
This post was written by Writer